CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 17, 2006

America's got talent

Yes I watched that show and yes I have a problem with watching to many shows, so to make myself feel better about the mass amounts of T.V. that I watch I have come to a conclusion of what can happen to you without mindless entertainment to waste your time. Trent and I were watching the finale tonight (by the way if you didn't see it go and see the winner, my goodness I can't believe she is only 11) and they have these little petty America's got talent competition in which people display their petty little talents that were not good enough to make it to the main competition but are still amusing and they win a car. So majority of the people competing for this car are not American and barely have a grasp on the language, they are just so happy to be on T.V. with their ridiculous talents that they have made up. So Trent is wondering why none of these people are American when it is America's got talent and what kind of time do they have on their hands to discover they can do these things. One guy tap danced with his hands while doing a handstand and dribbled a basketball while doing a handstand, all the guy kept say was "I like you" to the audience hence his one English saying. Next the guy who played his teeth, yes played his teeth to some song, next was the guy who played a guitar with an electric mixer and then a weedwacker, then the guy with the crazy hair who played wine glasses filled with water to the tune of Queen's "We will rock you" and last but not least was the man who was a champion at catching hard boiled eggs in his mouth from obscence distancs. So back to my justifaction. These people have come up with these talents because they lived in areas where there was not much on T.V. and this is what can happen when you have all this time to fill on your hands without mindless entertainment. You make your own and then go stand in line for days to chance being on T.V. which you have never watched in the first place making the whole thing seem more appealing, giving people like me at home something to laugh at and wonder what sort of freak comes up with these sorts of things and were do they find the time to practice and become good at their new found freak show talent. Now I am scared to turn off the T.V. chancing that I might becomes America's next freak show.

0 comments: